Pottery Painting

So for our social night with my bible study the girls decided to go to Color Me Mine. This is a pottery studio that you pick a piece and paint it and then come back in a week to pick up the item after it has been fired.  I was so excited to do this.... I took pottery class in high school and loved it and i haven't touched it since that class. I would love to take a actually potter class where you make the piece. Someday i will sign up for one.

This place has so many choices of items to paint. They have little figurines like gnomes, frogs, owls and such, and then everything for your kitchen like coffee cups, tea pots, bowls, plates, spoon rest, chip bowls, and the list goes on. There kid section is very large too, you paint piggy banks, little cars, animals, such.

I picked to do a coffee cup even though i really don't need one but i have a obsession with fun and different mugs.  When you pick your piece you need to pick your colors. They have a plate with a sample of every color and how they look after they been fired. You have to paint 3 coats to get a nice good deep color. I picked a turquoise for the outside of my mug and deep purple for the inside and bottom of my mug. I also picked a little saying to paint on it.  I wrote "time to get stuff done" on one side and did a few flower doodles on the other side. I also painted a nice bright red heart on the inside of my cup on the bottom, and few simple flowers going down the handle of the cup. I am so excited to get it back to see what it really looks like. It never looks the same as when your painting it.




I was a little bummed they have paint in small squeeze bottles to use and the black works then all of sudden it pours out a big blob and messes up your writing like on my word get. Oh well it has character now!



I think this may be a place i go with my girlfriends when we need a good stress relief. Painting or me is thearaputic is fun and relaxing.  Except for the waiting period till i get to see the final product. Five days to one week. Sad face!

They charge a studio few of $10 normally for the cost of paint and supplies you use, but tues and thur they do $5.00 fee instead and then you pay for the piece you pick. My mug was $15.00. Not to bad.
I can't wait to show you the finished piece!

Comments

Popular Posts