Baked Egg in a Avocado

I am getting so bored with my breakfast and lunches lately. So today i tried something totally out of my norm... I made the egg and avocado bake. I like both of these items but never did them together before.

Here are the basic ingredients you need to make these
The rest is all extra goodness


First take a large avocado that is ripe and slice it in half and remove the pit.

Then scoop out a little of the inside and put that extra in a bowl to make guacamole later.



Crack a egg in the avocado but i would recommend cracking the egg in a bowl and removing a little bit of the white because the first one i did overflowed. You learn as you go!


Place the two sliced avocados in a baking dish and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and put in the oven at 425 degrees for 15-20 min. based on how well cooked you want your egg.

I cooked some bacon and crumbed it on top with a little cheese.  I like to put my bacon in the oven on a pan with tin foil and bake it, it turns out nice and crisp and straight.


And this is after it came out of the oven.  Mmmm so good!


I made these again a week later and Scott said he would try one, which is a big step for him. He was nervous but he really liked them. He ate his with sausage links because the bacon was gone. Its super filling and doesn't leaving feeling ugh after!

Comments

Popular Posts