Chia Pudding

I have a costco size bag of chia seeds and i needed to start using them more beside adding them to the  normal yogurt and granola bars.  So i finally got around to making the chia pudding recipe that i pinned a long time ago.

Grab a bowl and add

  • 1 1/2 cups of unsweetend almond milk
  • 1/3 cup of chia seeds
  • spoonful of honey
  • and a good splash of vanilla
Mix it really good and put in refrigerator and then a few hours later stir it again. I waited to the next day to eat it just so the chia seeds were nice and soft and absorbed.

I would say this makes about two full mason jars of pudding. I took one jar and filled it 3/4 full of the chia pudding and then i wanted to add some fruit to it but i didn't have any fresh fruit so i used frozen blueberries that i microwaved for a few seconds to thaw. I add a spoonful of greek yogurt and mixed it all up. You could add some more honey or sweetener of your choice but it all depends on how sweet you want it.

I had this for lunch today. It is so filling and refreshing.  You could add tons of different fruits or different yogurts to it depending on your preference.  But chia seeds are great adding more fiber, calcium, iron, and omega 3 to your diet in a yummy tasty way.

I love making my own mama chia drinks but the texture of this pudding is way different then the drinks. You don't get that slimy- crunchy texture as your eating it. It really more like a pudding texture. And i find the seeds don't get as stuck in your teeth like they do in the drink form.






Comments

Popular Posts