week 34

I think this week as been the longest and hardest weeks ever! I slipped on the ice Wednesday morning in my driveway.  Fell right on my side/ butt.... got up and thought "oh great this is just wonderful".  Finish getting the kids loaded in the van and dropped Kate off at preschool and by the time i got back it was already hurting. My pelvic bone was hurting so bad, which i thought was funny because i landed on my my side for the most part. So I called the Dr. to find out if she wants me to come in to get checked out. Sure enough she did.  Got Bella on the bus and headed to the clinic. They checked out Henry's heartbeat, and did a nst {non stress test} for about 25 min. to check that i wasn't having contractions and that his heart beat was going up and back to base. Everything checked out fine so I was good to go!  I picked up Kate from school early because i didn't want to go home for 30 min. and then get back in the car and out of the car to get her.  You know your hurting when getting in and out of car is painful!

I made a date with the couch for the rest of the afternoon, in hopes that the pelvic pain would go away.  Which it didn't it just got worse..... after dinner i called the clinic to see if i should go back to get the pelvic area checked out because it was so unbearable.  I could barely get up off the couch and i had to shuffle my feet because i couldn't pick my feet up to walk.  And of course i have to pee all the time, so that involves lots of trips to the bathroom. I didn't want to go in for nothing so I asked to talk to a dr. and see what they recommend   And of course they said they couldn't do anything but recommend i go to the ER! Come on.... If you know me you know that I don't go there in less I've been stabbed or ran over by a car!  {kidding...kinda}. But I guess my pain fit into that category because I went.  We made a few phone calls and thankfully a friend of ours was able to pick the girls up and take them over to her place. Being in the ER is no fun and especially if you have to drag your kids with you!

So we got there around 7:30pm and i tell the front desk lady that i'm having pelvic pain from a fall and she immediately sends me to the birth center.  So i said i'm not in labor i just need to get ME checked out!  Nope.... So in a wheel chair I go and Scott thought he was running a marathon and was flying down the halls.  Seriously we passed a elderly couple with canes and i thought for sure they were going to start waving there canes in the air at us!  So we arrive to the birth center, and i stated i'm not in labor they just sent me here!  So they get me set up in a room, give me a gown, make me pee in a cup, and hook me up to the monitors!  They did the same test I had earlier in the day at the clinic and Henry passed with flying colors!  So after a hour they discharged me from that section and sent me to the ER!  Errggggggggg

I'm still in the wheel chair sitting in the lobby of the er waiting to go back and of course everyone is starring at you thinking your going to go into labor at any given moment, and pondering why I was there.  Finally they called my name and the Dr. comes in right away to talk to me and exam my pelvic pain. He did a test to see what hurts by stretching and lifting my legs in certain positions   Oh Dear that was so painful!  So he orders a ultrasound to make sure my placenta didn't detach and a xray {low dose}.  I was nervous about doing the x ray because pregnant women shouldn't get them. But he said he developed so it wont cause defects and it will be fine. He wanted to rule out a fracture pelvic bone.  So of course my mind goes straight to what happens if it is? He said then there is nothing I can do because im pregnant and i would have to have a c-section. I almost started to cry... First off i was tired, in pain, hormonal, and c-sections scare me to death! So after 30 min. of waiting they wheeled me down to the ultrasound place and we got to see Henry again!  Well that's always fun.... Ive never had a ultrasound this far pregnant before they sure look different.  It's hard to see because there bones are developed so there is a lot of shadows. But we did get to see his face profile.  Which totally made me want to hold him then and now! Then they wheeled me back to my room...... We waited and waited and waited for the xray tech to come get me... Finally at midnight they came and got me..... They made me get out of bed and crawl on this low cold table and lay flat on my back..... Ouchy  Then I was back to my room again for another long waiting process.  Around 1:15 the dr. came in and said it's not fractured but it's going to take some time heal... Take some Tylenol and try not to move around.

So guess what? That's what im doing!  And it's killing me.... Im not a sit still kind of lady, i like to be up and moving around!  Luckily our friend that took the girls before we left for the ER kept them over night and got Bella on the bus and kept Kate over there all day.  So I set up camp on the hide a bed all day.  I never realized there is nothing on TV during the day, you can run out of stuff to look up on the internet, and dogs really do sleep all day! I was so bored.....  Luckily my mother in law was so sweet to come down and help out.  She walked in after working all day and started cleaning up our oh so messy house, and then proceeded to get Bella from the bus stop, and the list goes on.  I was so thankful to have her here to help me... She came down to stay with us till Saturday afternoon! I had company and help, talk about being lucky!

By Friday i was sick of being in bed and needed to get out.  I had a already scheduled ob appt. so we went to that after Bella was picked up at the bus stop.  Henry checked out fine again, and then we went to Target.  I was told I had to ride in the wheel chair..... Embarrassing.  So I made Kate drive so i didn't look so silly!  We were there for so long my battery on the wheel chair almost died!  But i'm glad i was in the chair because just riding was exhausting, imagine if i tried to walk?..... What can I say i'm a stubborn women and I suck at being still.....I usually regret it when i'm done! Dont tell anyone!

Saturday I was feeling a little better once i was up and walking more.... So i had another stupid idea of going grocery shopping.... Well lets just say im still in bed and that trip was at 10 this morning. And i predict i will still be here in bed all day tomorrow.  I don't want to cause myself to go in to labor early, his lungs are not all the way developed yet, and I want a healthy boy! I guess i'm just glad that it wasn't anything serious.... Im just praying i'm all healed up in time for when he decides he is coming!  Ohh and pray for patience for me, cause clearly I need it! :)

I did get up to take a pic. this morning of my 34 week belly!  He is the size of a butternut squash and is already in the head down position resting comfortable on my bladder!

i think he has dropped some, what do you think?

Oh I made some baby purchases on Tuesday, so another day I will tell ya what I bought, plus cute pic. of the girls being mommies!

Comments

  1. I glad you are ok.remember though if you pray for patience you are sure to be tried to see how much you can handle.love you!!Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts