My new shabby chic bedroom

So our neighbor has a habit of coming over around 9 pm whenever he wants to ask us something or have us help him.  I am home all day and so is he {head scratch}. We just decided that is his prime hour!  So this time he had something i was totally interested in!  A dresser.  So Scott and I go over there and he has it in the front yard, of course its pit dark and we cant see it but it looks like it has good lines.  So i say YES!  I head up to his house to get the drawers for it and his house is kiotic.  He is moving a couple of bedrooms down to the lower level. He is dealing with Parkinson's disease and needs his bedroom and office in the main level. Then his wife tells me she has 2 side tables i might want. So I check them out and there adorable. So I say Yes to that to. By this time Scott is giving me dirty looks.  Then she says she has the other matching dresser for the one we just took and wanted to know if i wanted that too! And Yes just came out of my mouth!  I cant help it I love dressers....... So we clean out the drawers and we carry it back over to our house.  Talk about a good work out, there heavy.  When I get home i look at the side tables and they match my dressers. Sweetness...... The neighbor said he picked the whole bedroom set up awhile back, the neighbor down the way had them out in the front yard for the taking.  I guess this is just meant to be in the neighborhood.

I decided i would keep them and repaint them for my bedroom!  And Bella got my tall dresser that we had in our bedroom and then Kate got Bella's dresser. Kate dresser is going Bye Bye!  I'm crazy like that! So now we have a free dresser soon to be on the side of the road. {we got it from goodwill and we never liked it the drawer would fall out and not open all the way}.

Yesterday morning I woke up and walked down stairs and I couldn't move around my kitchen or laundry area. We were to tired last night to deal with putting them somewhere so we just left them. So i figured i better start working on them so I can move around in my kitchen . I grabbed my screw driver to remove all the hardware, and then i got to play with my sander and started taking off all the ugly paint.  Gave it a good wipe down. Now it was time to pick out my paint. I have a big selection of paint to pick from since i love opps paint. I think i have about 10 gallons and 5 quarts of choices. :)   I picked white to give my room a bright crisp feeling.  So i got the dresser all painted but i was not i love with it yet. I looked and found a pretty gray blue opps color and painted the top. After it was dry i wasn't happy with how it looked still, it had a  few blemishes so i grab my sander and i sand down the spots that need to be repainted and afterwards I stepped back and was in love with it. It turned out shabby chic looking! You don't know how many times i tried to do this. I'm a very ocd person i like everything symmetrical and balanced. When I'm trying to make things look not perfect i struggle.  I was dancing with the sander at that moment, very excited to put it in my bedroom.  Luckily Scott walked in the door right when it was time to move it up stairs!

I was thinking i would give the girls the nightstands, but i thought for once i would love to have a complete bedroom set. So i painted them the gray blue color i painted the top of the dresser and then painted the drawer the white.  Then it was time to do another dresser. I was nervous about trying to make the same mistake as i did with the first dresser so they would match.  I have to say it didn't turn out as cute but still feels nice and shabby.

Scott's dresser. Can't you tell by the optimus prime toy?

I figured while the paint was out i would finally get around to painting my built in bookcase in our room. It has bugged me for a long time but i was lazy and put it off.  So i painted it white!

And now i have a beautiful room!  Scott said it feels like a spa.  And i'm ok with that. And the best part it cost me Zippo!

Here is the tour
This is what it looks like when you come up the stairs to our bedroom.

The view as you go left when you come in the room. {the large picture about the dresser is a way to cover up the ac wall unit. It bugs me because it not centered and to large for that corner but it will do till i find a better way to cover that ugly hole up} On the far left of the photo is the closet.
View from the corner by the tall dresser. { recycled heavy bi-fold doors from ReStore as our headboard} Far right of the pictures is the doors that go to our deck which we never use. Maybe someday that will be my reading deck!

I hope you have a great New Years!

Comments

  1. Hi Angie. Your room looks so awesome!! I love reading your blog. :)

    Brenda Krotzer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts