Money & Faith

Money today really pissed me off! I have never been a fan of money, it causes to many problems. Either you have it and you blow it on materialistic items and think only of yourself, or you dont have it and you struggle, or it makes you bitter.

We have seen our ups and down with money for the last 4 years. When it's hard to keep a job, because of the financial times are country is having it makes you very aware on your wants and needs.  We have learned to cut out a lot of luxury expenses and stick with basics. It was hard at first but, being able to stand on your own two feet but it is so worth it.  But when you add financial times in with kids it makes it all the more harder. They have needs and they come before your own.  Things come up and you have to find a way to provide for them. We have been so blessed, we have so many people that gives us hand me downs, or god sends just the right people in at the right time.  Many have asked How are you able to make it?  Seriously, only by our faith!  You can only go up and we put our faith in him. Sure we have a pretty rocky road we travel on but i think it makes us stronger.  I see so many families suffering with money trouble and I wonder if they have a faith that keeps them going?

Today at the bus stop while picking up Bella a girl who rides the bus with her, because her daycare is in our neighborhood look really sad. So I asked her "how was her day". She looked up from lacing her shoes and said" I dont have boots and my jacket's zipper is broken, my parents said they have no money to get me any". That broke my heart. I dont really know the family but I do know they both work. I can only image the pain the parents feel because they cant afford that. I cant get what she has said out of my mind.  People are all worried about buying the best toy or the best electronic, while others are worried about how they are going to provide warm clothes for there kids. This makes you think twice before you go crazy at the stores buying stuff because you have to get them something. Think of a way to bless someone else this Christmas, you just might give them a little bit of hope.

Comments

Popular Posts