MN is Confused!

We have had like 2 snow falls and after each one the snow has melted.  I'm looking outside my window and it looks like spring!  The grass is showing and the dirt has turned to mud, which the dog has seem to only made worse!

When I was a kid we had tons of snow before Christmas. We would go sledding on the old railroad tracks for hours. And make snow caves after the snow plow went by.  Which looking back probably was not the safest.  But it was hours of fun playing house in our snow caves with the neighbor girl.

I think MN snow as decreased a lot since i was a kid. It makes you wonder if our kids going to be able to play in massive amounts of snow each winter?  My kids finally are able to go outside by themselves and play in the yard, which tire them out and gives me a chance of peace and quiet!

But the Christmas movies are on and the girls are loving them!  They love to watch them while eating a big bowl of popcorn and laughing up a storm.  It cute!  And Kate yells Santa every time she see's him on the tv.  And Bella is tearing off a chain every morning waiting for the day Santa comes.  But Im totally surprised on how well the girls are with not touching presents under the tree. When I was a kid i tried to figure them out, and touched each present everyday even if it wasn't mine.  I even unwrapped some of mine and looked at them and re-wrapped them again.  {Yes~ Mom I did do that}!

Scott and I are so excited for Christmas this year!  And we just received a Christmas Miracle this last week!  Scott got a call that he is hired back at a plumbing shop he worked at this past summer.  And he starts the 1st of January and guaranteed till July, and possible longer.  That is truly the best present someone can receive!

Comments

  1. when I was a kid the snow banks were even deeper then what you remember. things definitively have changed.
    you certainly are my daughter. I did the same thing with some presents as a kid. but on some of them I still got surprised because I didn't look close enough before
    re-wrapping them and found out it was something different than what I thought. made it interesting.
    glad to hear about the job:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts