Bella's First Book!

When your kids are learning to read you really need a lot patience. They want to learn and they want to learn now.  Well that doesn't happen over night!  She does a lot of sounding out letters trying to figure out what the words say. When we go to the library she heads to the chapter books instead of the level 1 books.  I think she is a bit ambitious!  So i picked up all the dick and jane books for her. Which is a perfect choice because there basic words that go along with what she is learning in school. She has almost read the whole book.  She gives a high five after each page she reads.

Some days I stare at her just amazed at how much she has grown up and matured.  School has sure impacted her life, everyday she makes Kate play school in her room. I think Kate is going to do fine in school, since she has a great home school teacher right now! I remember playing school when i was little girl with my sister and the neighbor girl.  Maybe its a little girl thing!

I will have to take a video of her reading!

Comments

  1. Haha...that brings back MANY memories! I think you were always the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I don't really remember playing school but that takes me back to many other memories with the two of you like camping in the back yards and feeling that I had to take everything that was in my room because I didn't know what I might need! Decisions decisions...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe I was the teacher every time. Sara do you remember dressing Jenni Up in crazy dress clothes? That was always fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts