A very non-traditional gal!

Ok I truly never thought i would be this girl, but I AM! I put up my Christmas decorations before the Thanksgiving holiday. Well we don't usually have the family over for the Christmas holiday and I thought it would be nice for them to see the house decking the halls.  I know your rolling your eyes and snickering but I'm ok with that. We are really excited for the Christmas Holiday this year.  Which has been the case the last few Christmas. Scott even hung some lights on the outside of the house today. Don't worry The lights are not going on before Thanksgiving.  I'm not that crazy!

But I do have one slight problem, the kids think Santa is coming this week. There are going to learn patience this holiday.  They even decorated there little trees with ornaments, with paper they cut out. Super cute!  But Bella wont put the tree in her room because she said Santa doesn't come in there, and she wants her present she asked for.{why do kids always ask Santa for the most expensive item they want} So she placed her tree next to the big tree. I might fight that battle later but for now it's ok.

We got about 2 inches of snow on Saturday night and they kids have been outside 4 or 5 times since. Loving it!  To bad its going to melt by Thanksgiving. They claim its going to be in the 50's.

I decided i am not cut out to make sweater mittens today. I tried and failed twice. As Scott calls the mittens I made "first pancakes". It's true first pancakes never turn out perfect. But I know when to move on and enjoy someone Else's handy work. I might have to buy them at the craft fair and pay the horrific price they ask for.

I have a Thanksgiving Question for you all!

What are you most excited for, and thankful for this year?

Comments

  1. We got 12 inches! That's quite a difference! And yes...I am snickering at your early decorating! :) What's Bella asking for this year? Hannah wants an American Girl doll...I'm skeptical because she's already 10...she'll probably never get the money out of it! Oh Santa...what to do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. well think of it this way. The doll and the clothes are expensive! Since she is 10 and now asking you saved buying all those clothes and accessories for 5 years. Go for it. Bella gets excited to go thru the catalog when it comes in the mail ever month and pick out what she wants for her doll.

    Bella asked santa for the walking dog with the leash! Seriously we have a dog and leash! Can I wrap Rosie up and say its from santa?

    I say we hire a santa that tells kids no to there request and suggest a different cheaper toy. Would that work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your crazy for decorating early. I am actually thinking of putting up my stuff tomorrow, especially since Dad has to work on Thanksgiving.
    I am thankful that Dad got a job at the place he wanted to work at. I am excited for Grandpa and Grandma Shaw coming out for a visit and for Jenni and Paul coming.I wish the rest of you could all come too. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am most excited for time off from my busy schedule and time on with my beautiful family!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts