Fun Projects

There has been lots of playing at our house this last week. I thought it would be fun to do some projects with the kids.  I found a great recipe to make slime off of pintrest. And what kid or adult doesn't like that stuff? I'm totally at the same age as my kids some time when it comes to fun gross kids toys.  The best part of this slime recipe is that it's glow in the dark. Check it out here at this blog!  It does have a funky smell to it, which comes from the glow in the dark paint. The kids loved playing with it for most of the day Sunday. 

It really comes down to a science project while making this. Which makes me wish i took chemistry in high school because not all my projects this week have turned out. I tried to make a jello play dough recipe i found online, i had everything but the cream of tartar. So i thought maybe if i add baking soda instead it would work out. AAAhhhhhh NO! It puffed up to a giant bubble and doubled in size. I thought it was going to eat me and swallow me whole! No Joke!  I do plan to try it again once i have all the right ingredients. 

I have also been busy working on all the sewing projects I have started for the craft fair + my etsy store. Bella sure has jumped in with me. She is consistently asking to use my sewing machine. I think might have to get her one for Christmas. She takes all my scraps and makes the same project that I'm making at the time. I have been making lots of baby burp cloths since flannel was on sale, so she made one for when her baby needs to burp. Kids are so cute and creative!  She even cut it out and sewed it herself. The girl got talent.  

Last night we went to the library and i decided this two girls need library bags of there own. They pick out so many books, and so do I. Which equals a super heavy bag that i'm carrying to the car. So today i sewed them two bags, maybe that will limit the amount of books they take home each visit. 





Scott got me the wii zumba game this last weekend. We rented it from the redbox a couple times and loved it. After looking at the pawn shop every time we go and leaving empty handed we figured we would probably have to get from the game store. Boo! I like getting games cheap! And those game stores are so expensive. We have scored all of our games so far at the pawn shop for dirt cheap. The lady who works there seems to like us, she gives a good deal every time we come in.  This game is so worth it! There isn't to many games i will play more then a few minutes and so far this one keeps me up and playing.



Comments

Popular Posts