Risotto with Parmesan & Peas

I have to admit i have never made this from scratch before. I have bought a pre made box kind before. I found a recipe in my Martha Stewart everyday food magazine, and i thought i would give it a whirl. So of course i went basic and figure i can try more crazy flavors once i get the family use to it. Baby steps with a family that enjoys basic foods.  Bella asked for second and i think she was going to ask for thirds but i made her take 3 huge bites of her turkey burger. Uhhhh Mom!

Serves 4

6 c chicken broth
1/2 stick of butter
1 large shallot
salt and pepper
1 c long grain rice
1/2 c dry white wine
2 tbsp grated Parmesan

take the broth and bring it to a simmer in a med. sauce pan.

Then in a skillet heat 2 tbsp of butter. Then add shallots, salt and pepper cook them till soft. add rice and cook that till its translucent at edge. about 1 min.

Add the wine and stir that till evaporated. Take a ladle and add about 1 cup of broth till your skillet. Cook and stir constant until it absorbed, 4 min. And keep repeating till the rice is tender but still al dente and sauce is creamy. I didn't use all the chicken broth.

Remove the skillet from heat and add 2 tbsp of butter and Parmesan. Or any veggie you want to go inside it. I love peas, otherwise a broccoli would be delish.

It is a dish where you have to be patient and stir.

I want to try her carrot lemon risotto next it looks yummy. Mushroom would be my ultimate first choice but my family has issues with the shrooms.


So today i was off at 3:30 so i called home and said get the bikes ready we are going on a family ride, since it wasn't raining for once. We even took Rosie with on the bike. She has really been doing good with that. I think she will fit into our biking family.  Bella did have a accident today on the trail she went off the tar and over corrected it and fell right over. Oh man did i panic and sped up to get to her, Kate leaned over to see what happened and i slammed to hard on the brake and almost biffed it too! Caught my bike in time before tipping it. Its so hard to catch a falling bike with a 3 year old in the seat behind you. The best part was Bella didn't bleed.Once they see blood it over and there aint going back!  She got on her bike after a good cry and rode home. She is going up way to fast. My heart beat so fast for a long time after that.
I think its starting to feel like summer with these sunny days!

Comments

Popular Posts