Homemade Household Cleaners

Today i somehow made some time to run to the store and buy some ingredients to make homemade cleaners.  I'm not going to lie i was a little giddy about it.  I'm so tired of paying for expensive cleaners that are earth friendly.  So i did some research and found great recipes for things i use to clean my home. Most homemade cleaners consist of less then 5 ingredients. So its a cheap investment.
 First of all on my list to make was laundry soap, which is so expensive to buy and we go thru it like crazy. When you have two girls who love to splash in the mud puddles and play in the backyard laundry soap gets used fast.  So all you need is Borax, Super washing soda, bar of ivory, and a container to store it in. I was thinking a cute glass jar but i didn't have a safe spot to store it in my laundry room so i went plastic. I already had the borax powder and i scored the container off the target clearance section.

I used 3 bars of ivory bar soap, and shredded it in my food processor. {why have a food processor if you cant use it daily}
Then add 1 1/2 cup of washing soda{ you can find it in the laundry section at the grocery store} 
and 1 1/2 cups Borax {also in laundry section} Then blend it till it's a nice powder.
and ba~da bing!  Laundry soap.....

Sorry i cant go with out adding a little sticker or cute decal to any finished project. It took me like 2 minutes to make this.

Heavy Stain Remover
2Tbsp of washing Soda and 1 Cup of warm water

I just used a old jar of pesto to hold it in.

Then I made a All Purpose Cleaner 
You will need some of the same ingredients to make this one too!  
1. a spray bottle
2. 1/2 cup of vinegar
3.  2 tsp of Borax
4. 2 liters of water

Mix in a bowl and pour in a spray bottle. You will have enough to make a couple of spray bottles worth. Or you can use a large spray bottle.

Also i made a Disinfectant 
1. 2 tsp Borax
2. 4 Tbsp of vinegar
3. 3 cups of hot h2O

Mix in a bowl and this too will have enough for a few bottle worth.

You can share with your friends or make up to give as a gift.  

I'm so on the hunt for a cute looking spray bottle.  All they had was the tiny ones you get in the travel size section. If anyone has suggestions on where to find one let me know.

I'm off to experiment on cleaning my stainless steel appliances. They said to use a cloth dampened with vinegar or olive oil. I hope it works cause it's hard to find a product that doesn't make it streaky.  Ta Ta for now on this super cold windy dreary day.  

Comments

Popular Posts