Birthday Bash

Well the Big 5th Birthday Party for Bella was a whole lot of fun. I do wish the weather was a little warmer out. But i guess May is unpredictable! It seems like birthdays are a lot of work even when you try to do a simple party but you cant say No to the cute little birthday girl.  I did a little DIY this birthday. Which i totally get excited about. I need a project or else somebody just might get hurt! Just Kidding..... Or Not!

First i made a super cute felt banner to hang, with lot of fun colors.  I wanted something i can reuse for all the birthdays with out having to buy one every time for what ever theme they pick out.  I made a trip to Michael's to get some supplies. I chose 5 colors and picked up 4 sheets of each color, Martha Stewart glue{which dries clear}, and little roll of yarn.  Less then $7.00.  I made a triangle template and hour of cutting out triangles.  Then glued a strip of glue on the top of each triangle and layed the string across in the glue and let it dry over night.
 I did get the idea from my crazy sister in law who has one strung across her dining room for everyday fun.

Then i thought crayons are so much fun for the kids,and even for adults. So while at Michael's i found a small heart pan on clearance to use a mold for my homemade crayons. First you find all the small pieces of crayons left behind from the kids in the craft drawer and break them up to tiny pieces. Spray the pan heavy with cooking spray, place the crayons in each cup and bake for 6 or so minutes till melted at 250 degrees. After melted i placed in freezer to cooled and they will pop out right away.

We used art easel paper from Ikea and covered the entire table with that so the kids can color pictures or right there name for there own place. I think the adults enjoyed it just as much as the kids. I know i love to color. I do wish i wouldve took a before pic.


This year i decided to make Bella's Birthday cake.  I have seen so many cute cakes that are all layered with different color in each layer. Well i thought that looked like a lot of work but i could do two different kinds of cakes. So Bella picked out Strawberry and i picked vanilla. But i only had one pan so it took me all day to make 4 cakes. Luckily mom came just in time to help me figure out i didn't have all the pieces i needed for my decorating bag. She managed to make it work and added the swirls and ribbon on it. Thanks!  It was so good with the butter cream frosting. I wish i had a little bigger cake just barely had enough.

 Oh angie's patience ran out while making the white layer and so there is only one white layer. Sorry

Also another first, we had a pinata. Let me tell ya if the weather was nicer we could've done it out in the yard but the garage was the next best place. It wasn't going to work in the house!  We did need a metal bat the Nerf one wasn't doing the job. So mama had to step in and give it her best shot!  Ha ha  I'm not sure about doing that again.





I love Birthdays, it seems like its the only time we get to see the whole family. And this time it just happened to work out that my parents were up and her siblings were in town. So we had a whole bunch of family over at one time. And everything was calm and relax, which is awesome.





Comments

Popular Posts