A diamond in the Rough

Today has been a crazy whirl wind day. I took Rosie out for her morning walk and planned my day while we strolled thru the neighborhood. I thought it was the perfect day to try out a recipe i bookmarked a few weeks prior. Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes. So our course i made my grocery list as we walked. But then i happen to cross a piece of furniture along the side of the road, I was super intrigued by it. I opened it up and did a quick once over. It was a record/radio console. I had a little wheel spinning in my head as i left, thinkin' up all the ways to re purpose it into something we could use. Which only lead to me walking faster to get Scott to go pick it up for me. Apparently he saw it the day before and didnt want to ask, in fear of me saying no!  Ha  ha so true.  While he got dressed i ran to the store to get a few ingredients i didnt have on hand to make my pancakes.

Which were delish by the way. Topped with Strawberries! Yum-o as Rachel Ray would say!
Scott went out to get my road side find but wanted to make sure it was up for the taking. Duh Mr. you dont just set your furniture on the side of the road while you rearrange your house. LOL. Got to the love him!  So he came home because nobody answered. By that time i seem to have put on my cranky pants and really just needed a nap.

After my much needed nap time we all went for a walk, and my diamond in the rough was still there. So scott went back out to get it for real this time. The man that he is he found out all about the home owners and about the piece and so on. I was worried he got lost. But when he returned he was grinning from ear to ear. He plugged it in and it Worked. I have never seen him so excited to do a diy project with me before.

We made our way to home depot to get sand paper and look at the opps paint. Also i had a vision for the ugly speaker fabric. But after looking at the price they want for decorative steel sheet i have to be a little more creative on changing it.

So here is a before photo of it and i hope soon to show you the finish project. It should be long because Scott wants to bring it in the house the way it looks now. And he has one person in his way on the idea. Sorry nothing enters this home without a coat of paint here.


Also at the Haggenmiller house we took out the BBQ for the first time this year. We threw a little shrimp on the barbie, along with a piece of chicken and of course the girls begged for a hot dog. Im so excited for grilling season, i even checked out a few books at the library for more recipes.
They are so ready to be outside all day playing and enjoying dinners on there table

Comments

Popular Posts