Ba Da Bing......The Big 30

The time has come when this girl can say she is 30 years old.  It seems like only yesterday i was thinking 30 is so far away and those people are old. I don't agree with that now that i'm 30! I don't think thirty is all that bad now, i feel like I am in a part of my life right now that cant be any better. I have a wonderful husband that surprises me everyday and loves me unconditionally, i have three kids that make me smile ear to ear daily, friends that support me when I need it, and family that excepts me for who I am.  The twenties always felt like you were still trying to figure out every aspect of your life, and really planning out your future.  And the thirties are the time you really enjoying your plans.

I prayed the week before my Birthday that I would truly be able to enjoy this birthday. Birthdays always cause me stress and let down some times so this year I wanted to be open to whatever happened and really enjoy the day.  I can honestly say I did. Scott wanted to take off a day from work, but that didn't pan out so he tried to make it special even though he was working. He got me a jimmy dean lite sausage egg sandwich (not bad but not what i would normally eat) and doughnut. I guess its evens it out!  I so shared to doughnut 3 ways with the kids (mama has a weight goal still). Then he got me a funny card that had a dog flying a plane on it and you had to keep pulling the card and when you reach the end it said Happy Birthday really slow with a sound of a plane in the background. Cute! The girls loved it. ( it died before the end of the day). He sent me a text shortly after asking me to come down to his work for lunch. He took me and the kids out for lunch to the Spaghetti factory.  The girls don't remember going there, so they were impressed with it. They kept calling it the fancy spaghetti place.  Cute!
They were sad we couldnt sit in the trolley

I had spinach tortellini 

Daddy had sausage spaghetti

Miss Bella had spinach ravioli 

Kate had "mama me ya that's a big meatball spaghetti" that's what she called it



fancy chairs


 Then we dropped dad back off at work and we went to the Whole Foods Market. As we were walking in the store they have bins of flowers and Bella said she wanted to get me flowers for my birthday so I told her the sunflowers were my favorite. So she picked ones out that i would like. Then we picked out a meat to grill on the BBQ for supper. We agreed on pork chops!  Kate said she wanted to get me chocolates for my present and so we went to the chocolate section and i picked out dark chocolate espresso beans. Mmmmm so good!  Then we got some items that we were running low on and then we headed home after the grocery store.
There gifts to me

Dad was home from work like a hour and half later with another singing card. This time a cute lil gnome card. The card is a picture of  grass with a pocket with a gnome inside, when you pull the gnome out it sings a funny silly lil song. Gnomes have a fun lil place in my heart. Dont know why but there fun.  He gave me money to go buy something i would wanted. Silly me nothing came to mind, so he suggested clothes shopping. We grilled the pork chops and i had fresh green beans to steam up and i made a batch of bruschetta which most of the ingredients came from my garden! And dessert was a dq cake that the family picked out for me. Bella insisted I have candles... I laughed because the box of candles was 6 candles short.. Yikes that is a true reminder your getting old when you have to buy a few boxes for your age.



 I thought maybe i would call up the neighbor and see if by chance she would want to watch my girls while we go out on a lil date. And lucky us, she could!  We ended up at the mall in roseville.  I spent 20.00 on a 3 shirts.  I discovered i have not really went clothes shopping in a really long time because I was like did the 80's come back already?  I found nothing basically.  I'm not ready to wear the clothes from the 80's so soon. I have been pregnant most of my twenties and so i have not really gone clothes shopping.  I'm not feeling the 80's look!

What a perfect day..... Plus my girls said happy birthday to me like 2 million times and each time they said it was so sin-sure it was cute. I think this is one of my favorite birthdays i have ever had. I loved receiving birthday cards in the mail, the messages on facebook, and all the text.  I truly felt blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts