Winter Wonderland

Well we finally got snow her in MN..... The last few winters have been not the typical, so when they said a big snow storm was coming we got a little excited..  We woke up Sunday morning to a big blanket of snow and it continued thru out the whole day.  13" of pure white snow!  So during the storm i thought it was the perfect time to load the family up and go to the big sledding hill.... The Mr. not so much!  So first he had to plow us out so we can even begin the journey, which took awhile!  Which was ok with me because it was going to take me awhile to even find and put on some clothes to wear.  I am always prego in the winter, which sucks because i love sledding as much as the kids do. My snow pants didn't fit like they used too! My sweet girls thought they could help me.... Kate tried and said "no hope, mom", and Bella said "brother is to big".  I even asked for a bonji cord from Scott and he looked at me like i was crazy!

 But the snow blower decided to act up and delay our progress, so the kids and I played a little puzzles while we waited.  Kate thought it would be a great idea to use my growing belly as a spot to place the puzzle pieces! She is creative!



We loaded up the snow tubes which we didnt even get to open last year and made it to the big hill. There were so many families doing the same thing!  I love watching kids going down the hill on the sleds and almost taking down people on the way back up the hill.  I watched many grown men jump over the top of kids because they almost got white washed! So only stayed for about 40 min. then stopped at the grocery store to buy some coco to drink when we got home.  I wished we would have made snowmen that day because the snow was super wet and heavy!  But we had plans to go to the YMCA to swim.








But I have to say MNDOT sucked at cleaning up the freeways down here, it's 2 days past the storm and the roads are so bad.... We had to drive 10 min. on them and i thought i just might go into labor, it was like driving on the worst bumpest road ever!  Between the baby moving, having a full bladder, and van with bad shocks it was the longest adventure ever!

But I guess that is all part of the joy of living in MN!

Here are some pic. from our yard




Comments

Popular Posts