Hospital Tour

Yep... We are going to the same hospital as we had Kate in but I wanted to see what has changed in the
4 1/2 years since we had her.  So I scheduled a appt. this morning and the whole family came with!  They have really changed things since having Kate, I think they said they just finished up million dollar reno! The labor rooms are really peacefully, pretty, and large.  They even have big bathrooms with shower/tubs in each one, which i don't remember them having last time.  They even offer water births if you choose!  Which is something i'm not sure about, but i think i will be researching to learn more about it.  They have to know prior if i want it so they can set it up, and put the water in it.  They also offer a doula service, which is something I have considered. I want to call my insurance to see if they cover some of there cost.  It might be nice since i am planning on going for a natural birth this time around.  After having a complication with my epidural last time, i don't want to go down that road again. And they are known for helping moms go without all the pain meds. Then I asked them about how they feel about cloth diapering....... And i was a little taken back by the response..  They have never had someone do that before that she has known of!  Yeah I get to be there first cloth diapering mama!  :)  Then we strolled thru the hallways to the postpartum rooms.  They also have added bath tubs to each room, and that is about it for that section. Too bad they didn't make the rooms larger, they are so tiny it gets tight when visitors come. I just hope i don't get the same room I had last time, the fan was so loud and rattly that i had trouble sleeping.   Overall I feel really good about it!  I asked the girls how they felt about me having Henry there, and they said they approved!

Comments

Popular Posts