Urban Farmer

Ha... I can cross this off my list of things i wanted to try. I canned fresh raspberries from my backyard.  And the best part i did it all by myself! I'm not going to lie, I was totally nervous about messing it up.  And i totally set myself up for failure the day i canned it. Let me set the picture of how the day was going when i going to make this jam. We all woke up cranky and early, Henry was being a lil fussy butt and just wanted mom to hold him. Bella and Kate wanted to help. I started the big canning pot with water and got the berries all mashed and then i threw my hands in the air and said i'm done. Henry was screaming and the girls were all over my canning gear while I was reading the instructions. Then about a hour later I said I'm just going to do this. Cracked a red bull the neighbor gave me and threw my apron on. I made the girls the babysitters and i fired up the water again and i went to town. I finished the jam with Henry screaming and the girls saying they were tired of watching him. Oh well. Real Mommy moment!


It was such music to my ears to hear the jars popping away while making the kids there lunch. I tested out the jam with fresh ciabatta bread. Delish!
I found this cute downloadable canning tag and Marshals had the fun colored twine. Watta Bing Raspberry Jam! Pefect for handing out to friends and family.

Comments

  1. I shall now call you Grandma Bette.

    (Isn't canning the best thing?! Once you get rolling of course. I made salsa last weekend and literally spent 2 hours peeling all of the tomatoes before I could even start - it was so calming, and kind of maddening at the same time, but I loved it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm Salsa...Peach or Mango salsa is delish too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts