Pinterest Craft

I have been waiting for school supplies to go on sale to do this craft. Just because it takes like a 3.4 million crayons!  I went to Michael's to get some canvas's, and lucky me they had a big sale on bulk packages and i had a 40% off coupon. So I got 5  canvas's for $15.00... Then we went to Target to buy 6 boxes of crayons.

We invited the neighbor girl over for craft time today.  I had the girls look at pinterest to see some layout options for the melted crayon canvas art. They each picked out there theme and away we went. They laid out the crayons and I hot glued them on the canvas.  I took some time to do all three of them, the girls lost interest.  So there i was with my hot glue gun in one hand and my baby monitor in the other hand, praying lil Henry wouldn't wake up so I can finish this craft. Apparently kids these days need instant gratification otherwise they loose interest to easily. So after i finished hot gluing the last crayon i called the girls back and we went outside to melt the heck out of them.  I used my blow dryer and we melted a little section at a time.

 It does take time, so i had the neighbor bring her blow dryer over too!  It was a lot of fun.... I jumped in on the fun with them. Bella did go a little crazy and hold the dryer to close to the picture and sprayed crayon all over her blow dryer. Oppps!

Before~






They turned out so cute.  We now have some art work in our playroom.
Bella's with a rainbow under the melts

Kates heart

Layci's elephants 


 Next time i would make sure you use crayons in the same color section so when they melt there pretty. If you mix a bunch of colors it turns brownish and what not.  Trial and Error.

I'm thinking about doing a Pinterest Challenge.... On Young House Love they always do a pinterest challenge ~ she challenges you to do make something you have pinned and take a picture of what you decide to make and what pin inspired you.  If anyone is gain, comment below and i'll set the challenge up...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts