My Project

Here is the project that i decided to do! I did a little modifying from the original pin.


http://www.marthastewart.com/287722/decorative-tray?xsc=eml_org_2011_02_08

Martha used fabric on her tray, and i didn't want that since i wasn't sure on how that would work if it got wet.  So i tried to get the same look with spray paint.

First i went in my baking cupboard and found a old cookie tray that we barely use because it's gross looking.  I then realized i have like 7 cookie sheets and i only use 2 of them. I think it's time to start cleaning out my cupboard. Then I scrubbed it down really good to remove any baked on goods that was left from the last time i cooked on it.

 I had some kilz oil bases primer spray paint left over in the garage from a previous project so i sprayed that on

and then went over it with a white spray paint. I left it outside to dry really good so when i put the painters tape on next it wouldn't peel the white off.

Next i sat on the couch and taped out my design. I did a eyeballing technique!

Then i went back outside and did a light coat of yellow spray paint.

I let it dry for a few minutes and then pulled my tape off. Then let it finish fully drying outside for the rest of the day. A few pieces pulled some of the paint off but it gives it a rustic look. I love it!  We use it for holding our produce on the dining room dresser for now. It would also be cute hung on the wall to hold notes or recipes. Or maybe a breakfast in bed tray!

I had so much fun doing some of the projects i pin on pinterest.  Plus it's fun to see what others pick to do too! I think i might do this challenge again.

Comments

Popular Posts