Logging the Hours

Wouldnt it be great if my sewing machine had a pedometer attached to it? Or something to tell me how long or how far I have sewn? Time goes by so fast when you have a sewing machine. The best part it's keeping me busy and not baking so much. My scale is sure happy about that! I have spent my last two days in my office sewing away.  And Loving It!  I think I have been to the fabric store every day, I just might get a bad rap.Bella is so excited to learn to sew. Is there a right age to teach the that? She made her own purse out of Elmer glue and printer paper, then added my extra fabric scraps to make it look like moms. I think she is creative enough to to do projects.

 I decided i would try the quilting store down the road from me and see what they had for fabric. I have forgotten how expensive those fabrics are. But the hard part is there so pretty.  Here is a couple sample fabrics to show you just what im talking about.












To bad there 10.00 a yard and up. But wow fabric sure has improved over the years. Its like art now!

Well Im off to donate plasma for the first time. Im a little nervous but mostly because i have never done it before.

Comments

  1. Those fabric samples are beautiful and almost inspire me to want to make a quilt myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember how old I was when I started sewing but I know it was when I was quite young. I did stand behind Mom and look over her shoulder as she sewed so I was already learning then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts