Let's Get it Started 2017

Hello 2017.... It's a few weeks into the new year and of course we have all set goals and made plans for this year. Some of us may have abandoned ship on some goals they thought they wanted to do, but that just means you weren't ready to tackle that goal. I have learned over the years to have more realistic goals and to write them down and ask people to hold me accountable. That is what works for me!
This year i jumped on the craze of bullet journaling and i have found myself to really enjoy the doodling aspect of that but also i'm in my journal daily and i see the goals i have set for myself and i am reminded to do them. If you have't heard of bullet journaling it's a journal with little dots or a graph on the paper. I was being frugal and didn't want to spend 15.00 for a journal so i went to hobby and found a blank journal with a spiral binding.  I also picked up some fun 2 sided markers perfect for having fun! In this journal i have my goals for the year, add scripture i love, songs that speak to me, savings goals, budget, my weight chart, daily grateful page, traveling destination we want to go to, movies we have seen for the year, house goals (fixing up), monthly calendar and weekly calendar, books i have read this year or want to read, things the kids say, special memories for each month this year. You get the idea it's a like a time capsule of 2017. Look it up on Pinterest if your curious.

Here are some of my goals for 2017

Mindful of my time- that goes with out saying. We live in a tech-y world and distractions are higher then they have been. I don't want to waste my time doing mindless stuff and miss out on life that matters.

Quality time -with the Mr. Raising kids is crazy busy and by the end of the day i just want to crash too! But in the end of it, i don't want to loose dating my husband. Once these kids grow up and get on with there own lives i don't want to re learn who he is. We have been making a effort to spend time reading together in bed after kids are asleep, or watching a documentary on netflix together cuddling on the couch, and going for date nights a few times a month. It takes effort to do this but i believe it's worth it.

Photography Class- I just upgraded my camera to the Canon Rebel T5i and it has so many new features my old camera didn't have. So i am learning it, but i want to know more. I truly enjoy taking pictures and i would love to be a confident photographer and learn to do editing too. But lets do one step at a time. So i am going to sign up for a class that is a good hands on one.

Can more garden veggies and fruit-  I usually do a jam, but i want to make my garden last through some of the winter too.  I am feeling more confident on canning so i think it shouldn't be a problem just need to make that time.
and also i want to make my fridge condiments and such homemade more then store bought. I have learned to make a lot of stuff this past few years because we went gluten free for Kate but i want to add a few more items on my list.

Bible Time- this is something that i always add but i want it to be even more. I am doing a 365 day bible reading plan to read the whole bible. So far i am doing it. I kinda don't want to say i will do it every day because i feel like that could be setting me up for failure. Committing to a daily activity is tricky because im a stay at home mom with three kids and life gets messy sometimes but i'm feeling good about this right now so, pray i can!

Lastly i want to blog more. I love looking back at our life and see what happened and the changes we have made a family.  Hoping for a least 2-3 a week, start small :)



Here is a my word i choose for the year, something i can use to motivate me when i am feeling
uninspired and scared or stubborn.

LIMITLESS

All my dreams, and thoughts are limitless. There is nothing that can stop me if i really want it. right???

Here is a few moments from the last time i blogged.
Ran his first marathon 

fall fun



snow fun before school

decorating our christmas tree


uncle tim and henry

getting pulled behind the four wheeler

Hannah and Bella snowmobiling together

cousins

family

Comments

Popular Posts