Cereal Monster

Scott and I are so sick and tired of cereal for breakfast for the kids. They are crazy about cereal and that is all they like. Since we changed to gluten free cereal because of Kate and her celiac disease we are more limited and they are particular on what kinds they like. Basically they only like chocolate kind. Whomp Whomp Whomp as a mom you want them to branch out and eat a good healthy meal before heading off to school. Buying cereal is not cheap and that means they drink tons of milk along with it. I am really hoping to remove the amount of milk my kids are drinking. The two younger ones i feel have a hard time digesting it and if we slowly remove it from there diet i think they would have happy guts. I can always tell if they had to much dairy because they break out with tiny bumps on there arms or Henry's eczema flares up.

They used to eat instant oatmeal prior to GF but the choices are limited now and every kind i have introduced to them they hated. Which sucks because the cost of gf oatmeal is through the roof. They will sometimes eat toast but they have to have butter and cinnamon/ sugar or even worst they put on brown sugar with the butter. It frustrates me so much.

I will make gf banana muffins once a week for them and they love them. I also make a paleo apple pancake that is baked in a iron skillet, but kate is the only one that likes that one. I also will make egg cups that i bake in the oven they all love. I line the muffin cup/ tin with sliced deli meat, then scramble a a few eggs and pour that on top 3/4 full and they can add cheese or veggies to it and bake it at 375 for 15-20 min. depending on how done you like your eggs.  They wont eat a cooked egg, but those they eat. Maybe it's more fun!

I am working on making a coconut milk yogurt more like a greek yogurt style and maybe we can do that with fruit or granola.

If you have any solutions on gf or paleo breakfast that kids like i would love some input.


Comments

Popular Posts