Still In Waiting

My rheumatology appt was yesterday afternoon and i was so happy that my doctor was so nice and was a great listener with some of the questions i had for her. She explained everything so easy and that really put me to ease. If you don't like your doctor then it makes it hard to listen to them.  She got my old charts thanks to my grandma doing a little calling around. Thanks Grandma!!!!  So she had a little back history to go on, and then she checked me over to see my hand strength and looked at my fingers and joints. She said she could tell i had this as a kid because my fingers are so narrow and some of the fingers are curved.  I also explained to her that my feet swell all the time i am walking around,  and my big toe joint hurts all the time too. I also showed her my 4 calcium deposits on my arms and legs. Luckily i don't have to remove them because they don't cause pain they just look weird.
She said i was probably having some inflammatory problems that go along with my scleroderma. She recommend hydroxycloroquine 2x's a day to help with the joint pain, and inflammation. It will take a about 3 months to start working and 6 months to really notice a difference. Yay for something, boo for that's a long time from now.  We also talked about Kate because she has a autoimmune disease too and if she is at risk for what i have. She said no, she explained it as yes i have a autoimmune disease so i passed it on to my kids but usually they get other ones not everyone will get the same. Yay for a family of that disease!!!!  She took my blood so she can see what is all going on and to check to see if i started any other autoimmune diseases on top of my scleroderma. I have to go back in a month for labs and check up in 3 months.  I will find out my lab results in the next week to two. So the appointment didn't really figure out much out but it was a way to start figuring out a plan.

Im excited to not be in hand pain and start doing the stuff i enjoy without the aftermath pain. I miss going to my weight lifting class but the thought of holding a weight bar for a hour scares me, and sewing projects lead to night pains so bad, holding the steering wheel driving anywhere more then a 20 min. is killer, even using my fingers to scroll up and down on my laptop hurts. It's a pain that is hard to explain to people but if your a knuckle and finger cracker you might understand this. The pain you feel right before you need to crackle your knuckles is what my joint feel all the time. I am constantly trying to crack my fingers thinking that is what is wrong with them to relieve the weird uncomfortable pain but i don't and the pain doesn't go away.  I feel like I'm a old lady stuck in my 30 year old body.  ugh...

Comments

Popular Posts