So much ME it hurts

Today my sweet lil' Kate turns 3.  We celebrated her birthday early due to a crazy schedule in June.  It's amazing how time flies.  I miss having her as a tiny little girl. I guess I feel different about kate because she is the last one. Her mile stones are a chapter ending and new chapter beginning in our family. Do you understand my crazy thoughts?  But unfortunately she is up at Grandma & Grandpa Haggenmiller for the week. They take the girls every year for a week when Summer break starts for Grandma. So Happy Birthday had to happen thru the phone. But i did surprise her with a card in the mail at G& G house. She was very excited.



And Scott is away for the weekend doing the MS 150 Bike tour. I dropped him off at Century College last night around 7, to hop on a bus and head to Proctor Mn.  He spent the night there and got on his bike around 6 to begin his journey to Hinckley. They will spend the night there and do the same thing tomorrow but end up at Century College. He called me around 12:30 and said he already made it to Hinckley. Wow...... So impressed! He has come along way in his healthy lifestyle. I miss having him around today.

So to fill my void i did a little over time at work this morning. Came home clean the house, grocery shopped, played with Rosie, and napped. Not a bad way to spend the day with ME....... Okay i was a little bored with the silence. So i went for a 10 mile bike ride.  Made me feel close to my hubby since we are both doing the same sport today. Ha ha {don't puke}.

While on my bike i have lots of time to spend thinking about stuff. Some people do that on the toilet but no i don't agree with method so i do it while biking. And of course its a work thought. I meet people once in awhile  that make me want to be a better person.  Our company works with this organization that has people with cancer and are looking for people to come clean there homes for them. So I volunteer to sign up to clean there home for 2 hours once a month for 4 months. And every time i do that i get a super warm fuzzy in me. I really enjoy talking with them and getting to them and all of what they have gone thru. Plus helping them do stuff they are not able to do. And also today i cleaned a home of a lady who is struggling with back problems and got tired of asking friends to clean her home for her. So we came in to clean for her today for 2 hours. Its sad to think she had to pay a couple hundred bucks for people to come clean. To bad there isn't a organization that would send her help and in return she would pay it forward. But that not the real world i guess. Or feed My Starving Children, I have volunteered there once and I'm forever changed. It makes you think twice about daily complaining when there is children out there not even getting a meal a day. Since we don't have the kids i thought it would be a great time to go volunteer and pack some food. I also invited another couple to join us, it should be a fun night.

I guess i just want to work for a place that isn't all about ME..... Where they are looking at the bigger picture instead of a bigger wallet.  Hopefully someday i will find that. And i will be happy, until then i will have to change one persons life at a time right where i am at.

Faith In God Includes Faith In His Timing.

I saw that saying today and used it as my motto for the day.

Comments

Popular Posts