I. Heart. Summer

Talk about the most perfect day.  This morning i got up to take Rosie for a walk and Scott jumped up out of bed and offered to take her instead for me.  But i still had to the urge to get outside this morning without the kids. So i jumped on my bike {minus the kids seat on back! Our kids are getting older now} and picked a number in my head of how many miles i wanted to bike. And the lucky number was 10. So I pedaled off to the lake on clover leaf parkway, and went up and over the highway, and around laddie lake down the frontage road of county 10, down the bike path by the school and home again and i just made over 9 miles. Wow isn't that crazy, i so should have lapped the lake a couple times. I hate crossing the same path.

And the sun was shining just beautiful in my back garden so i thought i would take some pictures of them while there in such bright colors.




Then it was family hair cut time. And i think after today i am not going to be cutting hair for anyone anymore.  It takes me forever and it bugging me because its not perfect. I have high standards.  It's not my passion anymore, so its hard to get into it.

Late this afternoon we had plans with our bible group to meet at the park for picnic and play time. We had to do lots of water breaks with all that running around. But the weather was so great everyone was out enjoying the fun at the park.


Today Kate hit a milestone she is finally big enough to ride on the back of the ride along bike. We do have to change out the pedals her little legs are not long enough. Now we can go on  longer bike rides as a family.  Its so nice having kids older so they can do stuff and we are not having to change our activities around babies.



It's amazing how you don't want to be inside during the summer, and your constantly looking for new activities to do outdoors. Now i don't want to go back to work tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts