Pump'n Iron

So i have been feeling so proud of myself that i have been going out and trying new things i don't normally do.  Yesterday i went to the YMCA with some of my bible study gals to attend Body Pump class. Another person in our bible study teaches that class and we thought it would be fun to surprise her and attend her class. This normally is not my thing, i don't enjoy squatting and i don't normally lift free weights. But when you work out with friends you are able to do have fun and be tortured at the same time.  I'm not going to lie the warm up of squats was plenty for me, and by the end of class my legs were jello and i was not able to hold my weight bar over my head anymore.  But i laughed so many times and i was so glad i did it.  We even said we would do it again together!

By the time i got in bed i was sore and i tossed in turned the night saying "ohh that hurts" multiple times but i was surprised when i woke up it wasn't that bad. Squatting to pick up kids toys is not the most comfortable but i'm heading off the gym to do a little treadmill time so that shows how well i am feeling at this current moment.

So have you tried anything out of your comfort level this week?

Comments

Popular Posts