Bucket Filled Weekend

This weekend was a fun filled weekend. It was not stressful but it was jam packed with fun activities with the family. Saturday morning we woke up by 6 to get all of us out the door by 7. We were going to go cheer on and support Tim and Anna in still water on there first 12k run. It was a beautiful day and the sprinkling of rain missed so that was even better. We hoped on a bus in downtown Stillwater and they shuttled the spectators out to the finish line and then we sat and waited for the runners to come in.  After they finished the race we all hoped on the shuttle and headed back to town to walk down by the river and stretch out the muscles before they had to load up and take the long drive home.










After they left we made a stop at the local coop for a snack and to refuel before we continued our day. Scott had to pick up his race number for the Minneapolis bike tour on Sunday at boom island. By this time it was around 11 and the Minneapolis chicken coop tour has begun so we thought it would be fun to see how other backyard chicken keepers and how they have there coops set up and they way they raise there birds. We picked two from the list and drove to there houses, luckily they were within a few miles from each other. The First Lady we met was amazing and so sweet. No lie I was a bit nervous about doing this because what if they are weird or who knows what but it was anything but that. They are totally like me and we both shared the same option and have a lot in common. We got to see how her coop was set up and meet her birds, talked about how she heats her coop, and free ranging with plants in the yard. She was also a bee keeper she had a amazing beautiful flower and veggie garden. She invited us to come to her honey harvest tomorrow and she would teach me more about bee keeping, because I told her I was interested in that. Scott said as we left that the homeowner reminded him of me. I thought that was sweet because I really liked her.   We then loaded up again and drove to the next coop which happen to be a log cabin look in there backyard. These chicken keepers even made the most adorable sugar cookies shaped like a chicken and glazed to match her chicken breeds. My kids were like can we make these at home gluten free? I guess I have some work ahead of me.


I didn't take photos of the coop because we were to busy talking!


Since we were down in the city we thought we would stop at the Minneapolis Farmers Market. I have never been to the Minneapolis one I have only been to the St. Paul one besides my neighborhood farmers market. That place is huge! They have food vendors, homemade goods, and tons of produce. We didn't have much cash on hand since it was spur of the moment, but Scott needed potatoes since we didn't make it to our famers market this morning and then we got some blueberries too. We got there about 30 min. before they were closing up so we rushed. We will be back that is for sure.
apparently chicken was the theme of the day!

We then headed home to chill before off to church.  I was able to escape around 8 to go have dinner with a girlfriend. I was so excited to enjoy friend time because it has been a long time since that has happen. I need to start planning at least once a week or even twice a month for girlfriend time with out the kids. It's like therapy!

Scott had his big bike tour on Sunday morning at 8. He went alone because it's hard to watch him on bike tours. He wanted to give his all and take his recumbent bike that he built to see what it's got. He called me and told me he kicked butt and landed in 4th place. That is impressive because the amount of people that ride this bike tour is hundreds and hundreds of people and to finish in that place was amazing. He said he used muscles he didn't know he had and he was sore. I think it took him longer to get home after the ride then it did to do the 34 mile course.

I just love weekend that we get to go do stuff that fills our bucket and the family is able to par take in.

Here are a few fun moments while looking at halloween stuff.




Comments

Popular Posts