Velodrome Goal

Scott has been dreaming of the day he gets to ride a bike on the velodrome. We have gone to these bike races through out the summer for many years and he always has said I want to sign up and do this. Well they offered a free event for people to come in and ride a bike on the velodrome. So of course he was like "Me, Me, Me, Me" and we all tagged along to watch him.

He started off with a group of guys and they rode around the middle section on a tar path just getting used to the bike. Then they all lined up on the blue path that is at the base, so there is no incline. They got used to that and they slowly worked there way up the wooden slope. They weren't allowed to go past the blue line. I think you need way more training and practice to be able to ride and stay on your bike at that level.

He looked like he was having fun and the kids cheered him on as he rode past him in the stands.





























After he finished up, which was only like 40 min. we met him and he said could you see the look of fear on my face? Umm no it looked like you were having a blast. Nope that was the most terrifying thing I have ever done he said!  Well you fooled me. I bet he is glad he didn't pay the 100 some bucks to take the class this summer.  Well I'm proud of him for trying and sticking with it the whole time.

Comments

Popular Posts