Christmas is upon us....

We celebrated Thanksgiving early this year with Scott's side of the family, because his brother was back home the first weekend in November.  We had a great time hanging with the family but my kids got a little confused we always put up Christmas the next day. By celebrating early it is throwing them off on why the house is not decked for the season.
This past weekend it was super nice out so we finished up the yard work and dug out the outside christmas lights and hung them up.  Why suffer putting up lights in the cold if you can do it on a nice day!  We do not turn them on unlike some of our neighbors.... But they are hung and ready when it's time!  I promised the girls this year i would buy a inflatable christmas thing to put in the yard. I refuse to buy a halloween one so i kinda got back in the corner on this one. I made one stipulation that they all had to agree on just one and it can't break the bank.  Cant wait to see what we end up with!

This will be the first year of making Christmas cookies gluten free. I have been searching Pinterest for some of my normal favorite cookies and seeing what they use to make it gluten free. I have a feeling my vitacost order is going to double this season. If your interested in vitacost let me know because i can get you money off your first order....

I am beginning to plan our christmas gifts out too.... I would love to do more hand made items this year because i enjoy making them and it feels so more special if someone made you something. I might be old fashion in my thinking. Plus people are getting really hard to shop for... I usually have a good portion of my christmas buying done by now but this year i have not even started, beside the few list i have made.

Maybe this year our tree will be fully decorated and the girls have asked if we can get a star to put on the top of the tree. We have never had a real christmas tree topper. We usually throw something up that goes along with the theme. Speaking of theme i am thinking about letting the kids pick it this year. They really like crafting and making things i think they will do a great job.

Can you tell I'm excited for Christmas. But i'm not too excited for snow!

Comments

Popular Posts