DIY Explosion!!!!!

Sorry I have been on a bender with crafting!!! My crafting has taken over every free second i have and i am loving it.  After doing my living room chair makeover i was bitten by the crafting bug and it spiraled out of control.  I then wanted to tackle my office chair that i bought at a thrift store awhile ago but wasn't sure what i wanted to do with it. It is a super comfy chair but ugly fabric on it. So i first covered the cushion with the same fabric i used for the other chair and i placed it in the living room and still wasn't sure if i like it so i lived with it for awhile. Finally i painted it the same yellow as the other and now I'm not sure i like it still. Picky? Yep.. I m thinning i going to paint it a gray or a light green to match the fabric. That is a work in progress.


I also have been working with a dear friend Heather on starting a etsy shop and Facebook group to sell some of our handmade creations. We named it The Caffeinated Moms. So make sure you get added to our Facebook group so you can keep up to date with the stuff we are making. Heather loves to paint scripture art on canvas, so we got together and now are selling that, plus my sewing and canvas art together. I am so glad my sister in law asked me to make her a Dave Ramsey Wallet and that really got me back on my sewing machine again. I love doing projects for others, and it turned out to be a really fun thing to make so i have made 3 more since doing heres. Custom work is a fun challenge, so don't be afraid to ask if there is something you want me to make. We are hoping to get our etsy shop open so we just need to figure out a plan for buyer payment with multiple sellers. 
Dave Ramsey Wallet


Baby Dribble Bibs

Apron

Hair Bow Tie

Kids Apron

Kids Apron

5x7 Lyric Quote

The sign i made for my Mother In law


I also have been working on making a hoop art wall in my hallway. This has been a work in progress because i try to buy the embroidery hoops at the thrift store and they don't always have them. My mother in law came through for me. She found me tons at her local thrift store. Why pay more when you don't have to. My wall is not complete and i still have one more to finish with the hoops that are up there right now. I do plan to add more to fill it in. I even got my girls stitching some, they are really good at them and its a great activity for when they need to calm down and chill.  I love how it makes you feel when you see this wall as you are walking down the hallway. It's fun and cheerful. 
view coming into the hallway from dining room

how it looks so far from the dining room

i learned how to do french knots for the dandelion flower 

kate drew it and stitched it

Bella drew it and stitched it

who doesn't love garland?

Pin button  ... he he he

our family.. And no i was not going to put scott and my ages on them

my first hoop i made

paper airplane

I love this one... I say this a little too often.. Henry keeps asking for the sucker on the wall.. ;)

These are one of my favorites










We also bought a giant light fixture for above our dining room table. I found this at the ReStore 3 or so months ago but they wanted 168 bucks for it. Pass.... But i went back a few weeks ago and they still had it and marked it down to 58 dollars. Well that is more like it. I hummed about it as we walked around the store still not sure if i needed it. Well the Mr. put it in the car and said we are buying it. He knew i loved it.  Well i was beginning to doubt it when we put it up that it was way to big for our space.  But it is a fun piece and i think once we move the box on the ceiling over so you don't sees it, it will help too.  I also need to find something for the wall in the dining room now too. The picture i had up there was too busy of a pattern to go along with the pattern on the light. 


I wonder what i will be crafting next.... I have a stack of canvas that are screaming for some paint thrown on them!  I also been searching Craislist for some furniture that is cheap to make over but my luck on that has been low.  I also need to make some boy stuff from my sewing machines. Im thinking some super hero caps and boy aprons.  Stay tuned to see what else I'm doing.... ;)


Comments

Popular Posts