It's getting HOT, HOT, HOT

Come on kids, let's cook a egg on the driveway!  Seriously........... It's hot!  It was in the high 80's to 90's all last week and i think it's only getting worse.  And since we don't have a central air at our house we have become the cranky family that are becoming grumpier by the hour. We have a window a/c unit in our bedroom, and in Bella's room.  {Kate has taken camp in Bella's bedroom for the last week} But who wants to camp out all day in your bedroom? Today we left the house with no plans on where we were heading but the van has a/c and that's all that mattered at the moment.  We did end up at the YMCA to get a break from the the kids and walk the track together. Quiet adult conversations in a cool environment, i'm in!  But all good things must come to a end and we returned back to the house {boo} it was 86 degrees and clammy!

I have been watching my garden and making sure it has had enough water to keep growing strong in this lovely heat wave we are having.  Here are a few pictures of my garden a few weeks back, i didn't want to go snap some photos of it today in fear of my camera melting on my yard.
 Left to Right------ Cucumber, carrots{2 rows} onions
 my cucumber is almost to the top of the trellis now
 6 tomato plants and 2 rows of beets. And the tomatoes are over the top of the cages. There crazy huge!
 bottom right corner is peppers
 beets are so pretty! i love the purple color
 Some of the tomato's i have.  I think there is a good couple dozen on my plants last i checked
 next to my cucumbers are a couple basil plants and  rosemary
 my butternut squash in the backyard.

I cant wait to taste some of my hard work!

I gave up on watering my yard, and today i watched all the sunny spots turn my grass brown.  Boooooo i wish i had the neighbors well! They water every 2 hours!  Maybe we should just run thru there sprinkler instead of turning our on!

Comments

Popular Posts