Curb Treasure

One of our neighbor's son has been cleaning out his dad's house, and one day they throw a bunch of chairs and furniture out on the side of the road. Well 3 chairs, and a book case had my name all over it!  Let me tell you the fabric on the three chairs were nasty, but the chair itself was a cute shape.  They were missing one chair of the set, but 2 of the 3 had arms and one didn't. I figured this would be a cute chair for Bella's desk!  So I made a trip over to Hancock Fabric to see what they had on sale, and my luck the bright color fabric i fell in love with was on sale for 50% off. Sweetness!  Then i ran to the Home Depot to get a some spray paint, i figured i didn't need much and spray paint is a quick and easy way to spruce up a chair.




I had to sand it down because it was super dirty and gross. Plus it's a good way to make sure your paint will stick to it good! It was kinda hard to sand this one with my sander because of all the grooves in the chair.  After all the physical  labor comes the fun part, spray painting! I used Eden... It's a fun green avocado-e color!


 I gave it one light coat first and let it dry in the sun. But when i came back i realized i should have let it dry in the garage. We have a lot of cotton wood trees around here and it has some fluffies on it!  After i picked them off  i gave it another coat of paint.





While that was drying i started on the fabric for the seat.  I usually just use the old fabric as my pattern, and use a staple gun to attach it to the wood and cushion.



 I have to say i love re-doing chairs because there quick and easy!  I had it almost ready by the time Bella came home from school.  It looks great in her baby pink room!  But now she is in the mood to repaint her room! Uggg... it does need it, she has so much grime on her walls that dont come off with the magic eraser. That might be my next project after i finish the other two chairs!  Those are going to be gray fabric with a soft aqua blue.

Comments

Popular Posts