Your all Caught up now....

So both my mother and mother in law have made multiple comments on how it has been FOREVER since i have blogged.  Life has been busy and i might have gotten lazy on this. They enjoy keeping up with our life since they dont see all the time. It's also nice to look back and see what we were up to while our kids were growing up so fast.  I am not sure where to begin so since i missed a good chunk of there summer.

We spent a lot of time at the park with friends and splashing at the splash pads.  We also are at the library at least 2 times a week.  The kids are just finishing up with vacation bible school at Grace Point church. They had a blast and the best part is all three of them can go to it. We get 2 hours of kid free time and they get to sing and learn about jesus with all of there friends. Total win!!!!


The kids started summer school this week and they go 4 times a day in the morning till mid August. While they are there Henry and i are doing a little learning fun too. I love when stores have cheap pre school activities to help them get ready for school.  I decided not to pay for 2 years of pre school and do some of it myself with him.

Scott has been working 10 hour days 5 days a week for awhile now. They took a break from that the last week or so during the high 90's weather. It was just to much for them. Scott also has been training for the twin cities marathon and he is running on behalf of Team World Vision. If you are wanting to help donate money that would be great. All the money they raise goes to provide clean water in Africa.  Here is the link . It would mean so much to us if you come along side us and raise money for this amazing organization.

I recently got tested for food allergies after having such severe stomach pains for awhile. I am glad to finally know what was bothering and being able to take those foods out of my diet and feel so much better. I am allergic to dairy, eggs, and beef. yes!!! Beef.... it blows my mind. I love steak so that is hard one to give up. I figured dairy was a culprit but let me tell you it's difficult cooking at our place now. Gluten free for Kate and my allergies leaves us with weird hodge podge food meals. Oh well at least we are still able to eat some stuff.

Ok im going to overload you with photos from all our fun activities we have done this summer.

The Ymca is our home away from home for fun and sanity


Grace Point Church had a summer fun activity with jumpy house, petting farm, face painting, and so much more that we enjoyed before the big storm hit.





This is my go to bored buster activity. Liquid homemade sidewalk chalk


We made tie dye shirts for my friends Heathers birthday. It was a lot of fun, it probably wont be our last time.


We went to the Blazing Blaine Days and enjoyed walking around all the vendors, listening to music while we ate cotton candy.




I made a garden border using pallets and leftover paint. I think it adds a nice pop of color to the back garden.





My garden is doing well this year. 

We enjoyed many handful of raspberries

Dill for Bellas homemade pickles

this was turned into sauerkraut

That is one out of two spaghetti squash i have

Happy Place

Sometimes you have to improvise how you stay cool

This is our neighborhood little free library.



Story time with some of our friends


walking story time outside.

Waiting for the library to open means we roll around in the super green grass


We went to the Saint Paul Saints Game for the first time. It was a lot of fun... The best part is we are able to roam around and sit on the grass when you want to take a break to watch the game. They fully enjoyed this family activity





We love going to the parks around us. 


Central Park in Maple Grove is so much fun



i made mulberry jam from the tree in the yard. Fun messy activity that we enjoy all winter long.

On The 4th of July we went for a bike ride down at the dam and kate wanted to have our bikes decorated with streamers so we looked like a bike parade. 


I love taking nature photos and so of course i had to stop many times out on our rides to snap a photo.






The kids had bad attitudes so the firework show got cut short so later that week when they were behaving better we did our own firework show.





Having a fire in the driveway is a summer activity that is one of our favorites







my marshmallow looks like a dress

Summer is not complete without ice cream








Are you still with me????? That was a lot of photos.... I dont have my current photos on because i have not downloaded them of my phone or camera  but you get the idea of how your days have been.  I hope you enjoyed
















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts