Crash... Boom.... Bang

This week has been a emotional roller coaster!  Tuesday afternoon Kate and I were doing some errands around town and we were on our way to the last store. I was first in line at the light waiting to go straight ahead and when the light turned green i went and then all of sudden my plans had changed.  A truck ran the red light and hit my car.  Thank the lord Kate and I were able to walk away without a cut on us, and the same for the other driver.  But this accident sure has shaken me.  I remember the noise of the truck hitting our car and how my body felt after i realized what just happened. Kate didn't even cry or nothing, she was like what are we doing? Luckily we had someone was in the parking lot eating there lunch in there car and saw what happened, she came right over and helped Kate sit in the grass so she would be out of the road. She talked to her and asked her fun questions.   Then the ambulance, police car, and fire trucks came, they let Kate sit in the fire truck where it was warm. She thought that was the coolest thing ever!  Since they towed my car away i didn't have a ride home the fire truck gave us a ride.  I guess i can check that off my list of things i have done!

Man does my body ache  from being tossed around. Kate hasn't complained once or have any bruises on her body. Kids bonce back way faster then adults.  The seat belt saved me, but it sure bruises you up too.  Then came the time to call the insurance companies. I was so happy with our insurance and his insurance they were fast and so nice. We had this whole accident settled with in 2 days. There insurance went and checked out my car and said it was totaled so they came and wrote me a check for the value of my car.  Luckily they gave me a rental car to for at least a week till i can find my new car.  I'm driving around a Chevy HHR and im not to impressed. It roomy but the windows are so tiny that its claustrophobic.  To be honest im scared to drive, i look like 3 x's before crossing a intersection, and any car that looks like a bad driver i move away from.  But i had to drive yesterday to cash the check and fax some insurance release forms. I haven't really had any emotions since the accident until yesterday while driving. Which i figured would surface sooner or later, but a song came on the radio that i really love just at the moment when it really hit me.  It's by matt redman 10,000 reasons.  Which just reminded me that I do have 10,000 reasons to praise the lord for protecting us thru this accident and reminding me how great he truly is.  And that he will continue to keep me safe as i begin to drive again.

Well our check wasn't as much as we were hoping,  we have both of our cars paid off so we enjoy being without a car loan.  And we were just starting to save for a different car for our family next year so it's making us decide if we should take out a small loan, or just buy a car with the amount the insurance company gave us.  And after we went car shopping last night we received a big fat slap in the face on how the used car market is over priced.  We will be lucky to get a car in the year 2000 for in our price range.  Which sucks cause my car was newer then that! And it feels like a rush to buy a car because within a week im car-less again.  And if you know me i like a non crappy car, i like a car that looks descent and i don't have to worry about breaking down.  And i think we are going for a mini van this time. We are only a family of four but as our kids grow up and they have friends over it makes it hard to have more then 2 car seats in a back of a car.  So at the moment i think we are a van family. So pray that we are able to find our car that's safe and reliable and in our price range. And that the stress of looking doesn't kill me!  I'm ready to be done with this.......

Do you want to see what a truck does to a impala?
This is right after the accident.

This is them getting ready to tow it.



 It ripped my dash all apart. It even took the keys out of my ignition.



My dash board
my dash board

Comments

Popular Posts